Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Young Living Essential Oils


Wow! It's been an incredibly long time since anything has been posted on here. I've still been learning, loving, and living all things health & wellness. It's most likely always going to be a great passion of mine. In fact, in the past year of no posts, I've introduced a new love into my life...Young Living essential oils. These oils have found their way into my home via diffusion, cleaning supplies, flavorings for water, body lotion, and most recently, moisturizing face cream. 



This face cream is the only lotion that has worked for my aging, drying skin. Better yet, since I made it, I know exactly what's in it and maybe more importantly, what's not. Here's a list of the ingredients and their benefits for your skin:


  • 1/2 cup cocoa butter: for improved skin elasticity and tone
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil: this heals damaged skin and promotes collagen production
  • 2 tbsp sweet almond oil: to smooth and rejuvenate skin
  • 2 tbsp jojoba oil: has been shown to reduce the signs of aging
  • 40 drops Frankincense essential oil: personally, I have noticed this oil smoothing my skin tone

Directions to mix:

  • Melt the cocoa butter in a double boiler.
  • Mix the melted cocoa butter with the coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and jojoba oil in a medium mixing bowl and refridgerate until the mixture begins to harden.
  • When the mixture is cooled and hardened, use a stand or hand mixer to whip it, scraping the sides of the bowl often, until the mixture is well combined.
  • When its all fluffy, add the Frankincense in and whip again until combined. 
This makes A LOT of face cream, enough to share with a friend or store half in the fridge for use later. Also, you only need a tiny bit to moisturize your face, so this stuff should last a good long while. 

Young Living essential oils have made such a difference in my life that I have decided to become an independent distributor, mainly so I can get a discount on the oils I use, but also so my friends and family can benefit from what I'm learning. If you are interested in knowing more or have any questions whatsoever, please email me at roude@sbcglobal.net.




No comments:

Post a Comment