Saturday, February 16, 2013

My favorite home-made flavored water




This recipe is labeled as a detox water. It is said to be detoxifying, especially for the skin. All I know for sure is that it tastes delicious, which helps me in reaching my daily water intake goal.

In a pitcher of water (I used a 2 quart pitcher), add 1/2 to 1 sliced lemon, 1/2 of a sliced cucumber, and 10-12 mint leaves. I found that an entire sliced lemon was a little overpowering for me. Also, I did peel the cucumber, but some people don't and that's just fine. Let the water sit in the fridge overnight so the flavors all mesh together. Enjoy fresh, flavored water the next day!

Just fyi stuff ~
  *lemon water is great to drink first thing in the a.m. because it sets up the digestive system to do it's best work for the rest of the day
  *the mint leaves will keep your breath fresh all day long as you sip your water, and also aids in digestion
  *cucumbers are great for clear skin

No comments:

Post a Comment