Sunday, February 13, 2011

Nut Butter No Bake Protein Cookies


A friend emailed me this very simple recipe for cookies her boys love. I haven't tried them yet, but plan to this week. I'm sure they are good, though. I trust the source. :-)

You will need:
1 cup oats
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp. nut butter (peanut, almond, etc.)
2 tbsp. truvia, or sweetener of your choice
2 scoops vanilla protein powder

Then you:
Mix all ingredients. Scoop out onto wax paper or onto little muffin liner cups. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

If you love these, this is a recipe worth doubling. Also, I see great opportunities for modification...chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla, add in some flax seed for more nutrition, maybe use almond milk instead of water for a creamier texture...stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment